Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...awhile back I wrote about a fairly common problem with Japanese Type 14 holsters...Especially the rubberized canvas ones. The clamshell seperated from the body. A nice guy in Europe wrote some suggestions about repair but I've got two questions....Has anyone here done it. What kind of thread would you recommend? :confused:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
A heavy waxed cotton thread was used by my son to repair my rubberized canvas holster. First, he dirtied the thread so it didn't look so obviously new. Also the holes in the rubberized flap had to be reamed a little as they had shrunk and a needle would not pass through. Turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I know! :)
that holster still not repaired yet? come on! hehehe.
trust me its easy as eating pie to do that yourself.
the holes are already there, its just like doing up a pair of tiny very long shoelaces
once you have done it you will wonder why you did not repair that sooner.
take your time, align the holes properly so your first stitch is not off one hole or something and go.

and no the head making has stopped a while ago, the rubber mold started to deteriorate so I stopped.
I'm happy, I kept 10 for myself and sold enough to recoup the money invested and earn a few bucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.