Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO, not "Holy Grail"! So, I guess what I have here is a K-Sports "paratrooper" 20" with gray parkerizing? I'll post the photos you guys let me know what looks correct and not correct, if you would be so kind. I thought I had a replaced stock and then I saw K-Sports. Is it a "paratrooper" with 20" barrel?

Numbers don't all match. Bolt not in white. No cleaning rod. Some parts scrubbed unnumbered don't know if supposed to be like that or they were replaced.

IMG_3600.jpg IMG_3601.jpg IMG_3602.jpg IMG_3603.jpg IMG_3604.jpg IMG_3605.jpg IMG_3606.jpg IMG_3607.jpg IMG_3608.jpg IMG_3611.jpg IMG_3612.jpg IMG_3613.jpg IMG_3614.jpg IMG_3610.jpg

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice commercial sks....Wish I still had mine.. they feel great shouldering or at least mine did. Where did you find that critter?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anythings possible with the chaos and anarchy of commercial chinese imports but ive never seen one with a full length barrel. Its possible someone found a green stock and put it on and parked it themselves, or its possible it came that way. Does the bottom cap on the hand grip say K-sports on it?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the big daddy K-sports to me. Some of them retained the 20" barrel.

http://chinesesks.weebly.com/k-sports-composite.html
Thats how I identified initially as a "para". So is it called a "Parka 20"?

Correct. The scrubbed parts are usual.

Here is a link to my Parka-Para version.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1090331-K-Sports-SKS&highlight=k-sports
Mine is definitely not as nice. Mine must of had a prior "jungle life" and the story is trying to get out from underneath that parkerizing. ;)

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anythings possible with the chaos and anarchy of commercial chinese imports but ive never seen one with a full length barrel. Its possible someone found a green stock and put it on and parked it themselves, or its possible it came that way. Does the bottom cap on the hand grip say K-sports on it?
Yes, that is how I realized this may not be a replaced stock SKS. It says K-Sports on pistol grip cap and the recoil pad.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are these common? I'm not sure I ever saw one until I picked this up. What, in this condition, is it worth approx.?

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice commercial sks....Wish I still had mine.. they feel great shouldering or at least mine did. Where did you find that critter?
Someone happened to ask me if I was into guns. They didn't want a whole lot for it, even after I told them approx. price using Chinese SKSs, so I grabbed it. I'll just say I did well on it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I saw a para last week but did not get it because it had the same jungle rot seemingly coming out from under the park.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know what an approx. value for this "variant" is? Is it the same as a typical Chinese?

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,119 Posts
I have no personally seen sales of the 20" barreled version. But I have seen the Para sell for $250 by way of dumb-stumbling luck (or savvy skill) of the buyer, and all the way up to near $800. Personally, I would buy one for as much as $400, give or take a few bucks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I picked one of these K-Sport 20" at a gunshow for $300 three or four years ago. The dealer was selling it for a lady who inherited it from her boyfriend that drowned in the bush in Alaska. It was his bush gun up there in the wilderness. The sks is in great shape but it has been used it did come with a USA 30rd magazine and missing the original 10rd magazine. If anyone knows where to pick up a parked 10rd magazine let me know or i may just rattle can a extra one that I have.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,511 Posts
Nice color..all of them should have been so..nice modern look..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts