Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received a rifle marked: Husqvarna Vapenfabriks A.B. Kal 9.3x 62.
s/n is 92xxx. It is in pretty nice shape...just regular usage marks. It also has a rubber cheek piece that looks just like it was carved on it! It has the following marking on it, in a triangle: MARK ll. It is drilled and tapped, has weaver high mounts and a 2.5x scope...BEL, I think.
Any info as to the type, strength, age, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Loads would be a bonus. I have cases coming from Buffalo Arms.

Thanks, archdlx.

Sorry 'bout the heading....tried to edit....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Need more infos the help you....

Pictures are usually the better way to go.... also give the complete the markings and or the places where it is stamped...

If you can give an idea of the action, at least; a M96/38, a M98? a 1640 series (crossover between a M96/38 and a M98).... else?

Regarding the 9.3X62 caliber it's a very potent, easy to reload. Just don't push it too much, be realistic and respect the age of the old lady....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to post some pics later...
The only markings I can find are the s/n, and the husky barrel stamping.
It does have the "solid side" action. Between the front sight, (a band) and the receiver, there are two rings of dots, around the barrel, like this, ...... .
Other then that, I can find no other markings.

Thanks, archdlx.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
You have a model 649 manufactured in 1946 or 1947 since the 92,000 serial number range spans those years. As Baribal wrote, pictures would be great. The 649 was made with three action types: small ring m/38 solid side rail, old type FN 98 with thumb notch for stripper clips, and new type FN 98 without thumb notch, so your rifle could either be a m/38 action, or a new type FN 98.
I would be conserative on loads if you have the m/38 action. The 98 action is plenty strong enough for heavier loads. Heavier, not hot - :D The best thing to tell you about loads is get one of the standard manuals that has 9.3x62 data and follow their lead. Vihtavuori and Norma manuals have loads, as well as the Speer manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts