Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
arilar
Posted - 12/30/2006 : 5:39:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a little book today. "Fältsport 5. Skytte" by Karl Aug. Larsson. Written 1940. Wanted to share some photos from this small volume.

Regards,
ARILAR

tonymorisco
Posted - 12/30/2006 : 7:25:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow what a target, 198/199 out of 200, 13 or 14 X wonder what the range was, judging by the bull I'de say maybe 200 yds could be 300

swede
Posted - 12/30/2006 : 8:37:06 PM

The Swedes shoot mostly 300 meter matches .

arilar
Posted - 01/01/2007 : 3:32:11 PM

Yes, the result was done at 300 meters according to text in the book. Yes, this target was used up to 1939 when change to more "modern" target without "human-silhoutte" came. I maybe show the evolution in Swedish targets on another thread.

Well... Sweden managed to keep out of WW II but not because of good Swedish FSR shooters... I regards the Norwegian target-shooters better than the swedes in first half of 20s century.....

reddog
Posted - 01/01/2007 : 4:25:35 PM

Interesting shots of the sling being used as a shooting aid in prone shooting.

Ed Novak
Posted - 01/01/2007 : 5:52:05 PM

Originally posted by arilar
Well....Sweden managed to keep out of WW II but not because of good Swedish FSR shooters....I regards the Norwegian target-shooters better than the swedes in first half of 20s century..... Regards, ARILAR
ARILAR: Why do you regard Norwegian target-shooters better than Swedish target shooters in the first half of the 20th century? ed

arilar
Posted - 01/01/2007 : 6:14:44 PM
Originally posted by Ed Novak
ARILAR: Why do you regard Norwegian target-shooters better than Swedish target shooters in the first half of the 20th century? ed
Maybe not so much facts, rather feelings after just been reading the book "Internationella skyttetävlingarna i Stockholm 1929 i ord och bild en minnesbok" (memoire des concours internationaux a Stockholm 1929). In the book is given history on sportshooting from 1897 and later. The fabolous result by Östmo, Norway in Lyon 1897 that gave him victory and Norway second place in team. In Paris 1900 Norway second after Switzerland. And so forth... but maybe Sweden was equalizing after the initial years? Forgive me Norway, maybe I hesitated.

arilar
Posted - 01/07/2007 : 6:21:47 PM

Just found this out:

See the "badge" on the right. Text tells that its a "badge of honour" in silver to put on your rifle if.....you were a team-member from Stockholm that won the "National match" . Could only be earned by a shooter once. Up to 1950 only this shooters had gotten it:

So, if found today on a rifle. Treasure it well.

Regards,
ARILAR

SWEDISH K
Posted - 06/02/2007 : 1:31:43 PM

Arilar
Which shooting range is it? (the big one in the last picture)

arilar
Posted - 06/02/2007 : 5:17:20 PM

Originally posted by SWEDISH K
Which shooting range is it? (the big one in the last picture)[/quote]

Well.....the book doesnt say. It is produced in Stockholm and printed 1940. Few shooters are named in the book but those are Kallenberg (if I recall from Stocholms Skarp) and Naumburg and Rönnmark from Stockholms Amatör.
So... the range I think is located in Stockholm. Doesnt resemble Kaknäs. Neither Söderskjutbanan nor Järva was started 1940 I think? That leave us "Stora Skuggan" as the last big Stockholms-range. Looks as it also in the picture. Funny....feels that I am growing old. I happens to have used all four ranges but now they are all closed. Dont regret I moved out of Stockholm ten years back.

JohnT
Posted - 06/02/2007 : 6:23:23 PM

Originally posted by arilar
That leaves us "Stora Skuggan" as the last big Stockholms-range. Looks as it also in the picture. [/quote]

I think I've seen that photo somewhere else and If I remember correctly it was Stora skuggan.
In such case the small house in the middle of the picture is still around.

Cheers
/John T.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts