Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I examined a couple of High Standard .22 autos circa 1970s or 80s today. I noticed the front and rear straps of the frame were stippled on both. I cannot recall seeing this before but it has been some time since I have handled a High Standard .22 auto. Was this a standard feature or something some added to these pistols? As well, one of the pistols has silver fittings and not the gold fittings you see on most of these. Was that an option or did the gold plating fade?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
I'm interested in this point, but as I did not understand the word STIPPLING, I went to the dictionary, it means painting with dots or something similar-I have three HS and no one has that detail, moreover,I've never seen a HS with "stippling", can somebody post a pic???-Tks

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raul,

Stippling is the effect you obtain when you take a punch and knock a small pock mark into the metal; in this case the front and rear of the frame. Stippling appears like hundreds of small pock marks punched into the metal and makes the metal much more tacky and easy to grip.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
Tks MJL, I'm away from my guns, but next week I'll check my HS pistols, the one I remember
best is the HS Sharpshooter and that one has no stippling at all, and its a pistol manufactured in the 70's, I know that the Sharpshootwer was the "economy" item in the HS line, but the two others I have are the heavy ones, one at least with the golden trigger,dont remember well...I'll check when I return to my home-

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
OOHHHH!!, now I understand...yes I have at least one of the heavier HS with stippling on the front and rear of the grip, like the feeling of large grain sandpaper, its one with a golden trigger-I'll check on the other pistols when I return to Baires=

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
MJL, we're in the middle of summer and I'm vacationing by the sea in a beautiful place called Punta del Este in Uruguay, the sea is rough and cold (take a look at the map, its well down south in the Atlantic), we love it and this is my 40th year vacationing here.
I hope next week I'll be in Bal Harbour and know that theres a gun show at W.Palm Beach at the South Florida Fairgrounds, some 60 miles from my house, I'm planning to visit it-

·
Gold Bullet member
9,506 Posts
I bought a Supermatic Trophy in 1971. It had stippling.
The model 107 (30 years old) I picked up used a few weeks ago is also stippled.

Ah, found the forum for HiStandards. Got cussed out on the Military Handgun forum for posting a question there. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.