Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FEG PJK-9HP pistol that has been totally reliable in all the years that I have had it - has never jammed and is quite accurate. I do carry it a bit since it is so reliable and today I took it to the range to run through the ammo that was in it and just to stay familiar with shooting it. Before I went however, I took it apart and cleaned all the accumulated lint and junk out of it since it was starting to look furry in some places. When I got to the range, I took a loaded mag and stuck it in the pistol and tried to rack the slide back. It would only move about a half an inch or less and that was it. I cannot get the slide stop out since I cannot get the slide back to line up with the clearance cuts. I fear that I may have put the recoil spring guide in upside down and that has locked everything up. I have tried gentle taping with a rawhide mallet with no success. I have already spoken with the local gunsmith and he is perplexed as I am about the solution. Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,095 Posts
seems that if the recoil spring guide was installed in correctly as you stated, you would not have been able to assemble the gun?

been awhile since I've had my hi power apart,,, wondering if maybe part of the trigger/transfer bar thingy in the slide/sear is binding it up? (jsut a WAG)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The transfer bar was it!! For some reason the roll pin that holds the firing pin and the transfer bar in place is much shorter than the slide is wide. With the roll pin biased to one side (transfer bar side) the firing pin would fly forward and jam about .5" into the chamber area. So I drifted the pin over towards center a bit to correct that. This allowed the transfer bar to move out of position. The slide is free now and when I get to the shop, I'll get a correct length roll pin. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything would be possible but it is obvious that the previous owner thought he might try a bit of 'smithing himself so I suspect that the short roll pin was from him. There was no front sight and the rowel on the hammer had been crudely modified to a sort of spur type hammer when I bought it. I have since put new sights on it, both front and rear but am waiting to stumble upon a good replacement hammer for the right price. Since I bought the pistol for such a low price, I am trying to keep the parts cost to be less than what the actual pistol cost me which was $40.00!!!! My gun club used to have auctions which members would donate stuff to and somebody donated this pistol. Seems that nobody else wanted a pistol without a front sight and made by some furrin outfit that nobody could pronounce the name of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.