Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some extra mags for my FEG Hi Power. I found a shop that had a few used ones, in excellent shape. One was a MecGar, for $15. I snatched it up. They had 2 that had no name or stamp of any kind on them. They have a seam on the back, unlike the MecGar, or the FEG I have. They also have a white plastic follower. The shop had a Hi Power and we tried a mag in it. It fit and locked the slide back.
Any idea who made them? I don't think ProMag had the white follower. I assume military would have some kind of markings. It was at the shop and I didn't have my phone with me to take pictures. I can go back and get them for $15 each too. I just wanted to make sure they were dependable mags. BTW, they were steel bodies and seemed to have good springs.

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
Those do sound like Pro-mags or maybe USA mags to me. I seem to remember the welded seem down the back and the white plastic follower. If they have any more Mec-gars you definitely want those, but the unknown mags are a gamble. At the very least, you should ask if they will take less for them. Since the shop set the price for the marked mags at $15 the unmarked mags should be less. I'd probably offer $15 for the pair. At that price if they don't work you can sell them off cheap and not feel guilty. Don't forget to ask the shop if they have any other Hi-power accessories laying around. They probably took them in with a trade and since they are selling them separately they may have more stuff laying around somewhere. I found new (old stock) Pachmayr grips and a 40 year old Bianchi holster for my HP for $10.00 just picking through a junk bin at a shop.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
IMHO, for $15 no matter who made them you really can't go all that wrong.
Sure you can. I have pro mags for my Sig P220. They are more than $15ea and they don't work. They are a waste of money unless you consider that as something good. That's like saying ...throw $20 on a roulette table, you can't go wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Sure you can. I have pro mags for my Sig P220. They are more than $15ea and they don't work. They are a waste of money unless you consider that as something good. That's like saying ...throw $20 on a roulette table, you can't go wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
What I meant was the odds are that they WILL work for you, and even if they don't work, you can usually get about that price when you sell them.

Put them on Gunbroker. Mikey will buy ANYTHING, and pay ridiculous prices while doing so..

·
Copper Bullet member
9,525 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts