Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is the 98 forum, and I hope that I don't offend anyone.
I have a 98, but my question is this, I have a Berlin Chilean 95, that some one cut the front of the stock off, where could I look for a front half of the stock for this gun? If it wasn't for the German proof marks Kerser Willhelh (sorry about the spelling) I wouldn't even try to fix the stock.
All help will be great full!
Thanks Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir I only need the front band. I don't care how bad the back of the stock is, it would be okay with me if the front part of the stock was cut off back about 1 inch past the big band. What I plan on doing is to cut my stock off flush with the front of the big band, then in the middle of where the band is, I will turn the stock down 1/2 the thickness, and then take the donor front and turn the inside to overlay the stock, so that you will not be able to tell that it has been fixed, because the band will hide it. I want the gun to look proper.
I will be very great full if you have the stuff I need, if I can afford it.

Thanks Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes sir itis 29". And I don't care about it being Chiliean.

Just want it to look right.
Thanks greg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stock

I know where there is a complete 1895 Chilean Mauser for sale for I think 167 or 187 dollars. It has been in the shop for a while. Might consider it as an option.
Yours,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts