Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you possibly either post or email me with the load data for your best T-97 loading, I want to make sure I have it just right before I put this batch together. I ran a bag of brass on my runout gauges and choose the truest (best and closest to each other) 30 rds,its all trimmed,sized,de-burred and setting in the tumbler.I hand weighed 100 139gr bullets and have the 30 closest of thoses set aside and ready, and a new can of H322 ready , so I just need to make sure its 28.2 grs or what.I know it was a bit confused on the sniper post..Thanks ,Dave

·
Registered
697 Posts
Trying to cram all that data together like that in the post was not the best way to do it. The 6.5mm load is 28.2 of H-322 , CCI 200 primer , 139 bt bullet, at 2.835 ocl for right at 2300 fps. Good luck with your shooting and tell us about it. mag

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got locked out at the range today, bird hunters down range working with dog training.But I now have 60 odd rounds to play with tomorrow hopefully. Its the shortest ammo (OAL)that Ive ever built (OAL) not that 1/10th of an inch is a huge differnce 2.835 vs 2.950. And I had some issues with AOL due to the soft lead tipped bullets (tho 1-2 thousandths OAL isnt a real issue) the OGL is identical on all rounds. I think ILL try some with standard 140 spbt's as a comparison group. Interesting powder to work with Ive usually used "safety" powders like 3031,4350,4895 etc..busy day yesterday building ammo,finally a day off:60 rds of this 6.5x50 , 40 rds of "normal" 6.5x50 and some radical 6.5 carcano for a guy that "had to have it ,right now". ILL post pics tomorrow (if I hit the target)...Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts