Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Been pretty good, Falm.

Global temps being 3*F higher on average makes us -21 insted of -24, what a releif....

Actually, Ive been burning my way through those Feds you set my up with on Ptarmigan and Rabbits. Thats some good ammo!
I still like Rems, but no complaints at all for cold weather Feds.

Moved from the Coast to the Delta of the Kobuk river, and I have internet again after a year with no electricity.
Got the snowgos up and moving, and only a 2 hour ride from Deering to Noorvik as its very smooth so far this year, no big blows yet.
Fishing was good, and Im awaiting my traps that I mailed to myself from Deering last week...
Caribou all around and Im building sleds in the front room, between snowgo repairs. I have to build a shop, but a tent is in the works, and will suffice.
So my tools are in lock boxes and plastic totes untill I do .......pix on cousin Roberts camera.

Bummer is , my cameras all have quit on me. I need an impact resistant, Arctic cold weather/ damp summer proof Digital. Ive been reading up on it all, and I think it will be my next purcahse.I borrow Camers as I borrow Computer time that Ive been tradeing fire wood for untill recently....~LOL!~

The real problem is these.....

I just fixxed up two more 39s, a Sako and Vkt with proper stocks, and I need a Straight stock (Bought all 3 busted clean off) for the barrrel'd action.The 44 needs a bayonett, the 91 needs a rod and finn hangers....
Where, oh where to spend my dough..... ;)

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks nice, yep, you gotta have a bayo for that 44 in case a polar bear charges:D. hey, this has always puzzled me...... if bears hibernate, why did polar bears miss the boat? where do you get those old guns, pawnshops or C+R? i've also got a few M44's, some came with broke stocks, otherwise, looked unused. heck, the stocks cost more than the rifle.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Polar Bears hibernate when they have babies. They go to land and den up. Only the females obviously, as the fellas roam the ice.

I pick up Moisin's at gunshops, via a dealer in Kotz, from friends, and the wife buys them up as well.The vast majority I picked up in the early 90's as cheap Centery Arms guns. The 27', 28, and 28/30s dryed up as did the "Cracked stocks with missing parts" guns I got CHEAP. A few 91 's as well.
I have picked out two nice 39's from Gunsnammo.com as well, and what ever I can pry from other fellow collectors.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Theres alot of ways to make a living, but few ways to make $$$

My wife is an artist.
In our hunting and gathering , we work the materials into selllable goods, like baskets, clothing, ink on skin pictures, trade meat, fish, skins, get seasonal jobs or long term 2week on 2 week off jobs at oil feilds or mines.
My wife is also oncall to the Post office.
Lotta people work for the "Gov", and its tricle down employment.
We make $$$ from art sales and tourists. Eco tours and people that come and stay to learn customary skin sewing with the wife.Were looking into more tourisim, as all the tours are conducted by people from outside the region.

Mostly we go and get what $$ cant.

7.85$ a gallon for gas/stove oil gos further when I check traps and hunt while getting wood to heat the house with.
I get logs and stack them to dry in summer, while checking nets and hunting in boats as welll.

I rent out a small house, and stay n 3 of 4 bedrooms with my little Bro in law, to save on bills, and work together. Hes a good partner....

The Freedom IS Boundless, untless someone is stalking you on the internet.....~LOL!~

Its all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.