Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
48,816 Posts
Looks heave duty..how’s it print on target..and condition of crown?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have not had it to the range but hope to in a couple of weeks. Did a cleaning on it so the bolt now closes easy. The holes for the rear sight appear to not line up with the barrel. This model never came with a rear sight but had the Mossberg #3 peep. My spare #3 is part of my Mossberg peep sight collection so after gun shows start up I will be looking for another #3. Meanwhile I will mount a Savage #105 peep on it. It is a nice lite handy rifle. That rear sight just upsets me. The only good thing about it is that it is a Mossberg sight and can go into my stock. This Model 30 looks well used (very used) so don't expect it will shoot that well - hoping for a surprise.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Some of these old veterans are really great guns. Nowadays, I don't even know if anyone is making a .22 bolt action gun. I have a Mossberg from early fifties. Haven't fired it yet this Millennium!
Best & thanks for sharing!
John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have not had it to the range but hope to in a couple of weeks. Did a cleaning on it so the bolt now closes easy. The holes for the rear sight appear to not line up with the barrel. This model never came with a rear sight but had the Mossberg #3 peep. My spare #3 is part of my Mossberg peep sight collection so after gun shows start up I will be looking for another #3. Meanwhile I will mount a Savage #105 peep on it. It is a nice lite handy rifle. That rear sight just upsets me. The only good thing about it is that it is a Mossberg sight and can go into my stock. This Model 30 looks well used (very used) so don't expect it will shoot that well - hoping for a surprise.
There is a guy on RFC, goes by "bone" that makes a very good copy of the #3 sight!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks slickshot, bone and I do do some dealing and sharing info. Very knowledgable fellow. I did see a #3 peep go on ebay the other day but more than I wanted to pay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts