Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I should share in this forum too .. ever wondered how the inside of the Hensoldt Dialytan scopes look like and see what you actually do when you move the elevation or focal adjustment? Well, then this cutaway gives the answer!

The purpose of this scope clearly was for commercial market, for being based upon a commercial model (with focal adjustment) and Suhler Claw Mounts in the spacing of a break barrel rifle - but the military Dialytan (bmj+ coded) are the same, except for a fixed focal adjustment (it will lack the focal adjustment ring and will not move it front/rear), plus the addition of a rainshield at the very front.

To me the best thing on this cutaway is that even the reticle is still fully in place and it actually still works (while I do need to admit it is dirty/dusty inside, what though isn't much of a surprise).

Rectangle Auto part Cylinder Font Engineering
Rectangle Font Auto part Metal Fashion accessory
Cylinder Household hardware Camera lens Auto part Camera accessory
Rectangle Cylinder Gas Auto part Font
Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Optical instrument
Auto part Camera accessory Gun accessory Metal Cylinder
Optical instrument Camera accessory Cylinder Metal Gun accessory

·
Gold Bullet member
13,273 Posts
Beautiful! A piece of mechanical art.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Seeing the inside of that scope and all it's complexity just serves as a reminder as to how dumb I really am. I am truly amazed at the work of art that it is.

CAD

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A fantastic piece that shows old world craftsmanship. Are there any markings on the scope tube?
On the tube itself it is void of markings, only on the elevation turret atop as shown.

I wish there was somewhere a similar cut-out of the Kahles Heliavier scope... Or maybe there is? Great post anyway
Overall the design of scopes from this period is very similar, hence what in particular are you in need of?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have to strip one scope in order to replace the internals. Needless to say the task is difficult due to zinc being the material used... Anyway I don't know how and in what direction should I push the reversing and recticle groups in order to take them out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts