Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting my 5 year old daughter a Henry 22lr for her first rifle. Judging by how she handles he daisy at full length I don't think she is large or strong enough to handle a youth rifle yet. So, I am looking at the Mare's Leg made by Henry as something that would fit her a little better. When she outgrows it my younger daughter would fit right into it seems, so it would get plenty of use. Thoughts? Experiences?

Here are some pics
https://goo.gl/photos/oBDJBGwoBe7QkvvE9

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't seem to find any information on anyone using one of these like this. They seem to be sold as just fun plinkers that are legally handguns.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,623 Posts
See if you can arrange for her to handle one and see how it works. If it is OK, not a bad choice.

Will say that I would see about one of the Savage copies of the old Stevens Favorite (or a real Favorite in good shape if you can fid one at a reasonable price) and fit the stock to her. I like little single shots for trainers.

·
Silver Bullet member
31,836 Posts
Will say that I would see about one of the Savage copies of the old Stevens Favorite (or a real Favorite in good shape if you can fid one at a reasonable price) and fit the stock to her. I like little single shots for trainers.
One of the sponsors is selling a Stevens Favorite for $249 in the Sponsor Section of the Trader

+1 on the single-shots for starting out.

Surprised at how crazy the prices on Remington Model 4 Rolling Blocks have gotten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.