Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI-- I have had my Helwan since I think the late 1980's (Navy arms import with the arabic writing) . I had lucked out & gotten several thousand rounds out of it before my barrel block cracked last week. There seems to be numerous posts from people looking for these & noting the Gunparts has been out of stock of these for several years. I work at a company that builds machinery with an in house machine shop & many engineers that are gun owners. We've looked at the part & talked about it and the question that has stumped us is "Why hasn't someone else made up a bunch of these to sell? (we can't be the first people to have thought of it) Is there some subtle techincal aspect of the part that we are missing? Any thoughts??

·
Copper Bullet member
9,812 Posts
1. Is there really a big enough market for your average machine show to tool-up to produce the piece?
2. Is there any added, expensive insurance liability for producers of firearms parts?

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,162 Posts
I would be interested in at least one, but would like to know it is properly tempered and will hold up. If I were selling them I would sell them just the same as a used part, "as is."

I understand the main failure of the block is caused by the screw coming lose. Check the screw every time you go shooting and if it has come lose, clean it up and use a drop of thread locking compound on it to help ensure it stays tight. That's what I do. I love my Helwan, it is one of my favorite guns to shoot!

grey

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have several Helwans and beretta 1951's (all with Arabic lettering), I would buy a couple just for spare parts.

Thanks for posting that invoice, I love seeing retro invoices showing prices of the past. Makes me feel better about my collection and hopes that it will increase in value in the years ahead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.