Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I would like to say hello. I am a newbie as far as a sks goes and to this site.

I have had my chinese sks for quite sometime but have really not done anything with it. I was going to have a scope put on my sks 3 years or so ago and for one reason or another, it was never done.

To make a long story short, I got my sks back with nothing done to it. All my serial numbers matched, but now I have to order a gas tube and top hand grip. They were missing when I got it back. This is not a problem (except for no matching number) since these items are advailable on the net.

The gun shop is now closed and the owner has recently passed on.
Now, my trigger is not releasing the hammer. The trigger spring is mashed up and bent. I have been looking for a new/reworked trigger assembly or parts on the net and have come up empty.

The sks has the St. Alb Vt stamped on it and it is a Norenco. The number in the triangle is 636 and it has 3 chinese characters after it. The serial number is 2103XXXX. Could anyone provide any information as to age of this sks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...vjer

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
55,555 Posts
Trigger groups have become very hard to find, I think someone bought them up for a conversion of another rifle or something like that. If by trigger spring you are detailing the front spring that works the sear then drifting out the forward retaining pin will give you access to that spring. It can be changed out easily once the pin is out. A picture might help.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
i saw a complete trigger assembly on gunbroker yesterday, about 30 bucks. how did you lose the handguard and gas tube?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gunsmith took it off for some reason...why I am not sure. I will not speak ill of those who have passed on and I will leave it at that.

The spring that I speak of is the one that is in the back of the assembly. It is not a heavy spring.

Thanks for the information...vjer

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,815 Posts
A SKS trigger group will run $70 to $90. Available at Apex or H-Town parts. Doubt it will be any cheaper on GunBroker but you may get lucky.
Spring parts etc. should be available at Numrich Gun Parts.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
A SKS trigger group will run $70 to $90. Available at Apex or H-Town parts. Doubt it will be any cheaper on GunBroker but you may get lucky.
Spring parts etc. should be available at Numrich Gun Parts.
That sounds about right. I'll see them in the Shotgun news for 20-30 periodically, but good luck getting those ones before they're sold out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts