Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think when I reassembled my BM from field stripping it, I installed the slide lock pin behind the barrel link. The slide is stuck now. (I know, I'm an idiot.) Is there a simple fix to this, or is this a gunsmith solution? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Should be able to just use a little pressure and get it to work. Maybe take the barrel bushing and recoil spring out and relieve some tension on everything to make it loosen up. I did that one time on another gun and found that those 2 moves helped.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,216 Posts
The pin will come out the same way it went in; you just need to find the "sweet spot" where there's no pressure on it from the barrel.

Shucks' advice would be absolutely right if it were a Model B. However the BM has a solid recoil spring guide, making it impossible to remove the barrel bushing and recoil spring assembly unless the slide is first removed.

My suggestion is to put a wooden dowel down the muzzle to give you some leverage to move the barrel around a little and try moving the slide back and forth until it seems loosest. Then hold it there and rap the pin from the right side with a soft mallet. It'll come out, eventually.

M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

Got it out and a re-installed. Took it to a local gs. Young gunsmith gave me a smirk, and got it out in about 3 min. Nice guy. Thanks again, I figured that's what needed to be done, just not confident in my mallet skills.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Thanks for the straightening out mike, I forget if I'm talking about my B or BM and sometimes think of them interchangibly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts