Gunboards Forums banner

Help with screw! Where does this piece go?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  GunnerSam 
I double checked my screw for high temp cordite erosion and it had none….
I was really worried for about ½ a nanosecond….:rolleyes:

GunnerSam

Your brilliant personal theories on cordite are only exceeded by your brilliant theory that the only thing holding the bolt head in place is inertia.

“The only thing keeping the bolthead in the track is inertia to begin with”

“Sometimes they'll jump the track if no magazine is in place regardless of wear or lack of it.”

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=78196

I pity any young innocent and naive new comers coming in to this forum who might be dumb enough to believe GunnerSams brilliant personal theories on the Enfield rifle.

[/size][/font]

Nothing theoretical about it, as your own posted treatise on ammunition confirmed if you'd have bothered to read it, rather than just glancing over the pages while scanning them.
You really should read the Encylopedia of Science and technology entries I linked to, and the Dictionary of applied Chemistry entries you also choose to ignore.

Go ahead and ignore the condition of rifle bores if you like, an eye patch will give you a piratical air.
The key to reading the Treatise on Ammunition I posted is looking at the date it was published:
1915 and Mk.I Cordite
now go back to the cordite posting and eat crow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.