Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have what I believe to be a No1 MkIII enfield. About 6 months ago (feels like 40 years) I took it apart to begin restoring it. As these stories usually go, I got caught up in other things and only put it back together today(not restored either, only about halfway through cleaning actually).

so I have this one small screw left and have no idea where it goes, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
AHA!!! you are fantastic!

Thank you very much, i would have spent the next year trying to figure that out
I was just guessing, couldn't see the screw well enough to tell what it looked like. That was the only other screw of that size I knew of.

Let us know how your project progresses.

And ignore Ed as much as possible he's been despondent since his penis pump was recalled because it was made in the PRC out of recycled pepsi bottles.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
GunnerSam

Your brilliant personal theories on cordite are only exceeded by your brilliant theory that the only thing holding the bolt head in place is inertia.

“The only thing keeping the bolthead in the track is inertia to begin with”

“Sometimes they'll jump the track if no magazine is in place regardless of wear or lack of it.”

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=78196

I pity any young innocent and naive new comers coming in to this forum who might be dumb enough to believe GunnerSams brilliant personal theories on the Enfield rifle.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
GunnerSam

Your brilliant personal theories on cordite

Nothing theoretical about it, as your own posted treatise on ammunition confirmed if you'd have bothered to read it, rather than just glancing over the pages while scanning them.
You really should read the Encylopedia of Science and technology entries I linked to, and the Dictionary of applied Chemistry entries you also choose to ignore.

Go ahead and ignore the condition of rifle bores if you like, an eye patch will give you a piratical air.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
[/size][/font]

Nothing theoretical about it, as your own posted treatise on ammunition confirmed if you'd have bothered to read it, rather than just glancing over the pages while scanning them.
You really should read the Encylopedia of Science and technology entries I linked to, and the Dictionary of applied Chemistry entries you also choose to ignore.

Go ahead and ignore the condition of rifle bores if you like, an eye patch will give you a piratical air.
The key to reading the Treatise on Ammunition I posted is looking at the date it was published:
1915 and Mk.I Cordite
now go back to the cordite posting and eat crow

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The key to reading the Treatise on Ammunition I posted is looking at the date it was published:
1915 and Mk.I Cordite
now go back to the cordite posting and eat crow
The key to reading it is actually reading it Ed, the Treatise covers both Mk I and Cordite MD. Too bad you still haven't actually read it or you could have avoided looking like even more of a pedantic fraud.

A hint Ed so you can at least read the section on cordite without being bothered to actually read anything else, Chapter Five page 26.

It goes into some detail of just how injurious to the bore both Cordite Mk I and Cordite MD really were.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.