Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
2,630 Posts
Out of curiosity I once took apart my Unertl, while doing so I blew the crosshairs, something I only relized once i put the scope together; i was in you same situation and considered an easy matter the reinstalation of the wires, at first tried very fine copper wires and other materials and all were very thick when multiplied by 20, which is the power of my scope-I got in contact with guys in the US that repair scopes and unwillingly they sold me a spool of the correct wire, many yards-To cut a long story short, the wire is impossible to manage, you cant even see it, I ended sending the scope to the repair shop
who, using the my wire did the job-Good luck

· Gold Bullet member
2,630 Posts
If you insist in getting the thing done by yourself I remember that a good optician told me that the thread the eye doctors use to sew the cornea of the eye is thin enough to be used as crosshair; again handling the thing, obtaining ,the proper tension and fixing it to the carrier ring in the Unertl is IMO reservedd to the technicians

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.