Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't think the helmet in the front is authentic.... The photo album consists of about 150 photos from The soldier's travels through Greece Paris and somewhere in North Africa I think. The plates I think have some value because they have something to do with Nazi Germany... The luftwaffe machete is hard to price the only one I can find is for sale on eBay for north of $2,000 but it is the non-saw back brass handled model... And from what I understand the metal black painted handle and crossguard one that I have is maybe more desirable I also do not have a sheath for it so that the negative.
Brown Bag Wood Textile Luggage and bags
Hand tool Tool Wood Cutlery Kitchen utensil
Wood Body jewelry Font Earrings Jewellery

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... thanks bodes. I think the only all matching bayonet is the one in the top and it is in good condition. Unfortunately someone tried to lightly sand the saw back 🤬.. there is a mark on the binocular case but I can't quite make it out maybe it's just a blemish.
Wood Tints and shades Bag Fashion accessory Pattern

Door Wood Household hardware Fixture Tints and shades

Wood Sleeve Door Font Metal

Hand Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Finger

Sleeve Material property Font Hat Security

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The serial number on the binoculars indicates pre-war manufacture and I would say $100-$150 tops since they aren't marked dienstglas.... This denotes service used/property of the military....The bayonet is nice and probably in the $300 range....Bodes
Great info on both items thanks... I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out if the binoculars are military or not.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the wooden plate upper left actually denotes a searchlight detachment- Scheinwerfer rather than Schweinfurt...
pretty neat anyhoo.
Thanks.... I tried looking up that specific plate one time and came up with ......it was used for a flack team...or something like that.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm trying to convince myself that the blemish on the bottom of the binocular case is very similar to a eagle holding a swastika...🤔🙄..lol but maybe it's just where it's at on something that shape for a long time.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The S84/98 bayonet 44fnj for Coppel GmbH and 1944 is mostly the best, from the round, the frog looks like LW on it, the other dress KS98, and other S84/98 could be complete on the right side are bayonets wout scabbard and one Fireworker sidearm with sawback, on lower part is a WW1 bayonet, which is not period to WW2 and was sharpened probably, the frog on it could be for S98/05 bayonet. The other picture shows a LW machete which when correct is probably the highest priced edge weapon on this bunch.
thank you

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I'm sure that the camo helmet is definitely not authentic.... I picked it up at a second hand store I think... What makes you think the bread plate has (later added embellishments)? All three of the plates came in a grouping from the soldier's family also some documents and letters home about his first days before and after landing in anzio... thanks

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After comparing it to one of my Spanish helmets I see that somebody filled in the rivet holes and the hanger for the Franco emblem... While looking inside the helmet I noticed somebody wrote something in there... Who knows what it means..lol
Helmet Wood Headgear Hat Automotive design

Cloud Sky Wood Rectangle Flooring

1 - 12 of 12 Posts