Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't think the helmet in the front is authentic.... The photo album consists of about 150 photos from The soldier's travels through Greece Paris and somewhere in North Africa I think. The plates I think have some value because they have something to do with Nazi Germany... The luftwaffe machete is hard to price the only one I can find is for sale on eBay for north of $2,000 but it is the non-saw back brass handled model... And from what I understand the metal black painted handle and crossguard one that I have is maybe more desirable I also do not have a sheath for it so that the negative.
Brown Bag Wood Textile Luggage and bags
Hand tool Tool Wood Cutlery Kitchen utensil
Wood Body jewelry Font Earrings Jewellery

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Lot of items to catalogue...The camouflage helmet indeed looks to have a bogus paint job and split pins...The black helmet with the swastika is an M34 civic and worth about $350....The gas mask w/cannister is Luftschutz (air defense) and worth around $100....

The wooden plates are interesting...One is for a flak unit in Schweinfurt, another is Norwegian friendship related....IF original, likely a few hundred dollars each value....The horse hair backpack is worth around $150...Armbands are nothing special...About $75-125 each....The army uniform insignia worth around $75...The photo album worth about $350, possibly more if some really interesting pictures are inside....First aid leather kit looks nice, about $200 value....Binoculars are tough w/o manufacturer's information...Are they military (dienstglas marked) or converted commercial/civilian?...

Need more information on bayonets....Are the ones with scabbards matching?....Conditions on the ones with wooden grip look to be in nice condition....The WW1 ersatz is desirable and worth into the hundreds...The stag handled knife is nice and worth around $350...Sawback looks to be a fireman's dress bayonet...Scabbard?...Boot knife w/o scabbard around $100....Two HJ buckles are about $100 each....Mother's cross mini is worth about $40...Police cap insignia worth about $25....Looks like NSDAP or military silverware.....Maybe around $100/each....The TR skull if original could be worth a few hundred dollars...Bodes

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... thanks bodes. I think the only all matching bayonet is the one in the top and it is in good condition. Unfortunately someone tried to lightly sand the saw back 🤬.. there is a mark on the binocular case but I can't quite make it out maybe it's just a blemish.
Wood Tints and shades Bag Fashion accessory Pattern

Door Wood Household hardware Fixture Tints and shades

Wood Sleeve Door Font Metal

Hand Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Finger

Sleeve Material property Font Hat Security

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The serial number on the binoculars indicates pre-war manufacture and I would say $100-$150 tops since they aren't marked dienstglas.... This denotes service used/property of the military....The bayonet is nice and probably in the $300 range....Bodes

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The serial number on the binoculars indicates pre-war manufacture and I would say $100-$150 tops since they aren't marked dienstglas.... This denotes service used/property of the military....The bayonet is nice and probably in the $300 range....Bodes
Great info on both items thanks... I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out if the binoculars are military or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm trying to convince myself that the blemish on the bottom of the binocular case is very similar to a eagle holding a swastika...🤔🙄..lol but maybe it's just where it's at on something that shape for a long time.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I'm trying to convince myself that the blemish on the bottom of the binocular case is very similar to a eagle holding a swastika...🤔🙄..lol but maybe it's just where it's at on something that shape for a long time.
Looks to me like something got placed on the case and left an indentation....Bodes

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
The S84/98 bayonet 44fnj for Coppel GmbH and 1944 is mostly the best, from the round, the frog looks like LW on it, the other dress KS98, and other S84/98 could be complete on the right side are bayonets wout scabbard and one Fireworker sidearm with sawback, on lower part is a WW1 bayonet, which is not period to WW2 and was sharpened probably, the frog on it could be for S98/05 bayonet. The other picture shows a LW machete which when correct is probably the highest priced edge weapon on this bunch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The S84/98 bayonet 44fnj for Coppel GmbH and 1944 is mostly the best, from the round, the frog looks like LW on it, the other dress KS98, and other S84/98 could be complete on the right side are bayonets wout scabbard and one Fireworker sidearm with sawback, on lower part is a WW1 bayonet, which is not period to WW2 and was sharpened probably, the frog on it could be for S98/05 bayonet. The other picture shows a LW machete which when correct is probably the highest priced edge weapon on this bunch.
thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I'm sure that the camo helmet is definitely not authentic.... I picked it up at a second hand store I think... What makes you think the bread plate has (later added embellishments)? All three of the plates came in a grouping from the soldier's family also some documents and letters home about his first days before and after landing in anzio... thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After comparing it to one of my Spanish helmets I see that somebody filled in the rivet holes and the hanger for the Franco emblem... While looking inside the helmet I noticed somebody wrote something in there... Who knows what it means..lol
Helmet Wood Headgear Hat Automotive design

Cloud Sky Wood Rectangle Flooring

1 - 20 of 23 Posts