Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a FEG 9mm MAK PA-63 Hungary that I've used and cleaned over the past 15 years. Last used last week to qualify for my re-permit license to carry and now I cannot break it down for cleaning. Lowered trigger guard but cannot move slide back far enough to lift before moving forward to remove from frame as I've done for 15 years. Even had a gunsmith look at it with no solution. Need help.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
In addition to what NB said, look at the trigger guard carefully to see if a small piece has broken off and is now preventing the slide from going all the way back. Another possibility, if the recoil spring is on backwards it can cause the same problem and is a B**** to fix. These are like a Mak, small end goes on first. You can pull the trigger guard down and use a small flashlight to look inside the gun at the recoil If it looks like it's jammed up on its self then you've got a problem that ain't easy to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did insert a rod close to 9mm and it appears to slide in and out ok with no undue wobble. It also appears the spring is inserted properly; however, the slide moves half way rearward smoothly and then seems to jerk the other half way and makes a jerking noise. Then jerks forward half way and smothly the rest of the way. Possible solution? Remove the trigger guard and cut each spring coil through the guard opening? If this works, is another spring available?

·
Copper Bullet member
2,045 Posts
I did insert a rod close to 9mm and it appears to slide in and out ok with no undue wobble. It also appears the spring is inserted properly; however, the slide moves half way rearward smoothly and then seems to jerk the other half way and makes a jerking noise. Then jerks forward half way and smothly the rest of the way. Possible solution? Remove the trigger guard and cut each spring coil through the guard opening? If this works, is another spring available?
Replacement springs are available...here.
:)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Try this before you but the spring. Remove the trigger guard and see if you can straighten the spring out with a small screw driver or pick, that may work and save the spring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.