Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked this up today here is all i know.on one side fabrica de itajuba-brasil on the other side-mod.08/34.30 i know it is a 30.06 that some of these were changed to 30.06 in the late 50,s it is in fair shape,but needs a stock and forearm.look like a vz24 would fit.but has shorter barrel and different front sight .any info would help.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,511 Posts
That article would be more correct if it mentioned that a M08/34 .30 short rifle is substantially different from a M08/34 carbine.

100,500 M08/34 carbines were made by ZB in Brno for Brazil on a 1937 contract. They are the same as VZ12/33 carbines except they have a short bayonet lug so Brazilian bayonets will fit.

Brazil modified and rebuilt DWM M1908 long rifles after WWII to make what they called the M08/34 .30 short rifle. Some Czech M08/34 carbine receivers may also have been used. They were shortened and rebarrelled to .30-06 using new local wood stocks. Receivers were scrubbed and Brazilian Itajuba markings added. The M954 rifle was a later version.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,337 Posts
Springfield sporters has Complete Brazillian 08/34/30 stocks,hand guards and barrel bands.They dont have a toll free number but also dont have an minimum order.They are on line,and you can call and talk to real person.They will have the Restoration parts you need.There is also a 1908 short rifle or "Carbine"with the smaller rear sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts