Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from any Luger experts here
. No import Mark, no Germany stamp. 9 mm with a DWM toggle. Everything stamped matches except for the grip panels that match themselves. Magazine is not serieled and is the wrong type for this pistol anyway.
The American eagle is clean and sharp as are all the serial numbers so it does not appear to have been refinished. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello,

You have a model 1906 American Eagle Luger, made before WW1. Unfortunately, it has been refinished (the inside of the frame should not be blued but in the white as a dead giveaway, so is the polished steel small parts that should be Strawed.) that is is chambered in 9mm is less common than typical .30 Luger for these models.

Looks like the pistol had a very rough life, even through the refinish process a lot of pitting is still visible in spots around the pistol. Also, somehow your magazine catch/release button is also taken in from an Erfurt pistol, which were exclusively military issue guns. This refinish though results in the gun being a shooter grade.

The magazine base is most certainly in either extremely rough shape, or is homemade (would LOVE more pics of that). But a correct mag for your pistol would be an unmarked DWM wood bottom commercial magazine.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Front sight has been modified/replaced likely with a Marbles. I am going to bet it's .30 Luger. Muzzle crown has been blued, should be in the white. That 9MM bullet/cartridge you have placed in it got a lot of squeezin to do to go down that pipe!

·
Registered
793 Posts
^
Front sight has been modified/replaced likely with a Marbles. I am going to bet it's .30 Luger. Muzzle crown has been blued, should be in the white. That 9MM bullet/cartridge you have placed in it got a lot of squeezin to do to go down that pipe!
You would loose that bet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I lost a thousand dollars on the last election so I am used to losing bets. Just looks awfully much like a .30 to me from the photo.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
It is obvious to me the 9mm round in the muzzle fits the muzzle. The piece has obviously been refinished and is a shooter with numerous small parts replaced with Erfurt military parts. The small parts have proof and acceptance stamps typical of Erfurt lugers and not of DWM parts. Use it as a shooter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts