Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new makarov at a florida gun show. I was wondering who made the best makarovs, and what they go for these days? The one I bought was new unfired Russian Makarov model IZH 70. It has slim grips that say "Baikal" it came with a holster and two mags. I paid $175 for it, is that a fair price for one of these guns? I did not see an IZH 70 on the list of Makarovs. Thanks for your help.

Tim

·
Registered
430 Posts
At a gun show at today's prices, you got a great deal. Makarovs such as yours are no longer imported and their price has been steadily increasing. Revel in your good deal. Shoot the heck out of your Mak and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
View attachment 2864 It is a "Commercial" Russian model , as opposed to a Military Surplus. That is a real good deal for a new one.:) Pictured is a Hi-Cap Commercial.

http://www.makarov.com/makfaq.html

If you haven't yet, you can start looking at some good reading on the makarov.com site by clicking the link above. :cool:
Edit: "
How is Izmech different from Baikal?
IMEZ stands for Izhevskii Mechanicheskii Zavod or Izhevsk Mechanical Factory located in the city of Izhevsk near the Ural Mountains. They produce the Makarov, PSM, various shotguns, airguns, artificial pacemakers for the heart, oil drilling equipment. It is a goverment, state owned enterprise, but has the right to close its own business contracts and deals without govermental interferance." (Copied from makarov.com FAQ page)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts