Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Devil Dog or other pros: can you tell me what I have in these four surplus cartridges? I have over 1000 of each. I vaguely remember buying Ecudorian, Romanian?, Greek?, and Yugo?, but don't know which is which...except the Ecudorian.

Thanks very much for your help. bws1944

·
Copper Bullet member
9,572 Posts
Yugoslavian
Ecuador for Argentina ( or reverse?)
Romania
Romania

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree with the above. But, I though the Ecudorian was made by FN for some reason. At any rate it was made by someone for someone else... boy that was helpful, wasn't it?

I'd not seen the Romanian "RPR" code on 7,9 Mauser before. Nice.

D.D.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
8x57

I do believe the AA 1954 was loaded in Argentina on contract. There are factory loading boards and records avalible. The cartridge was loaded in sS ball, blank, and nickelplated fluted dummies in the 1954-55 time span. Hope that helps. Not long ago (10-15 years) this would have been a $10 cartridge! How a little importing can change things. JH

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I do believe the AA 1954 was loaded in Argentina on contract. There are factory loading boards and records avalible. The cartridge was loaded in sS ball, blank, and nickelplated fluted dummies in the 1954-55 time span. Hope that helps. Not long ago (10-15 years) this would have been a $10 cartridge! How a little importing can change things. JH
I think haak and others are correct that the 8mm in Question was made in Argentina. The "FN" label was put on this ammo by the importers to give some stamp of quality...or to just stick a known label on the ammo when they had no clue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts