Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local gun shop today and saw two 91/30's mosin nagants I am still learning about collecting and I am not sure of either of these two rifles are a good deal. They seem different then the 91/30's I have seen at local gun shows. They do not look like they have been refurbished like most of the ones I have seen. The owner of the shop said he just got them from a estate collection. The first one was a 1936 Tula round receiver all matching except the bolt it was a tula bolt but numbers did not match. The stock had the tula star with a 1936 under it so I think it was the original stock. He wanted $125 for that one. The second rifle was a 1900 hex tula. It did not look refurbished either but it did not have matching numbers. The receiver had the Imperial tula stamp. He wanted $265 for that one. The other thing I almost forgot is I could not find a import mark on either one of the rifles. What do you guys think about these two rifles are they anything special? should I get them for that price?
Thanks Pete

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are good prices for each of them? I did look at the barrel and no import marks. At least not what I'm use to seeing. witch is always a few words long. was there ever just a symbol or anything I should look for?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went back to the gun shop today after trying to find information about these 2 rifles and from my reading the 1936 tula with the no import mark seems to be a scw. Does that make them more valuable? I am still trying to learn about mosin nagants from following this forum and you guys have been very informative. But in my case a little knowledge and no experience can some times be a bad thing. like in the case of this 1936 tula. My reading tells me this rifle should be a scw and that should make in more collectable but then I went on line to see what they have sold for in the past and I only found one that sold last year and it only sold for $110
The second rifle seems to be a 1900 91 Imperial tula with no import mark. I have not read anything on why this one would have no import mark. But I was wrong on the price the shop owner wanted for this one. he wants $329. Do you guys think it is worth that? I know its hard with out pictures but I was not able to get any pictures.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
My personal opinion is that they're probably worth the asking price, so long as the condition is there. The SCW Tula is probably worth plenty more than what he's asking. The M91 may be on the high side, but the devil is in the details and it depends on who is buying, as well. See if you can get a break if you buy them both, but I don't think you would be hurt at paying the asking price, either. That's just my opinion without any photos or further info, though.

John

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think the price on the potential SCW is low, and the price on the M91 is high. The M91 is probably a Balkan mixmaster rifle. If you can get the pair for $400 or less you're doing OK. Of course this is speculation since we haven't seen any pics.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

P.S. - If you can only afford one, or only want one, go for which ever one speaks to you more. Either one sounds like a good rifle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.