Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i need to finance some other projects and it has come to the point that i need to sell off a rifle or two. i already have a beech k31 and a savage enfield for sale but i need to sell off one or more of my other pieces. i can't decide what to get rid of as i really don't want to sell any of them. if you don't mind, please list which 3 you would sell first.

1929 SA marked Tula Dragoon matching bolt
1936 Tula Spanish Civil War 91/30 mismatched bolt, stable crack in stock
1945 ROF Enfield jungle carbine, matching, excellent shape
1941 SA marked SVT40 mismatch
1905 Swedish M96 CG in great shape, all matching with range plate
1942 Swedish M38 Husky all matching
1943 Budapest 35m matching with mismatched bayonet
1944 German JHV G98/40 all matching and not bubba'd
1913 Swiss 1911 infantry rifle, all matching
1916 Swiss 1911 carbine rifle, all matching

·
Banned
33 Posts
N10... Its a personal choice... see which ones dont speak to you or hold a special memory for you and thin out the herd that way. Good luck in you choices, I have been there; and feel your pain!!

·
Super Moderator
11,743 Posts
The ones that will bring most money will be:
  • 1941 SA marked SVT40 mismatch
  • 1943 Budapest 35m matching with mismatched bayonet
  • 1944 German JHV G98/40 all matching

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I don't know how much money you're looking to make, but personally I'd part with the Spanish Civil War Mosin and the 1911 Carbine. You'll probably end up regretting dumping the SVT if it's your only one and I'd never be able to give up my jungle carbine.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
folks, this isn't a for sale thread. i'm just weighing my options. as of right now i will likely have to sell a rifle or two. this wasn't meant as pre-advertising for a WTS thread. i collect for fun and as an investment. the least likely to get sold would be the 35M and the G98/40 as i believe that these are more collectible. i just needed some advice on which ones would not be as collectible as the others and those would be the ones to get rid of.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
The easiest to find are:

2,4,5,6,9,10 I'd probably say in that order too.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If at all possible, sell only the ones that would be easiest to replace. Cuz yer gonna want 'em back!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just make sure that what you are selling, is what you don't want or need and will not miss. I have sold stuff in the past and later regreted selling them.;) As for what you're listing, I would have a hard time getting rid of any of them.

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
1929 SA marked Tula Dragoon matching bolt - Nice gun and not a common one either. It would sell for good money but would be hard to replace.

1936 Tula Spanish Civil War 91/30 mismatched bolt, stable crack in stock
Also a pretty nice gun and if you looked you could find another. Hard to state value.
1945 ROF Enfield jungle carbine, matching, excellent shape
Real ones always sell well.
1941 SA marked SVT40 mismatch
Also a nice gun and will sell for good money. Can be replaced but will cost you more down the line.

I guess the others are up for debate and a bit outside of my interests. I am sure others can assist more than I.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Owning none of thos, ones I would be most interested in are the:
SVT
1905 Swede

(Not an offer to buy, based on rules, just my personal order of demand, price/condition not considered.)

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
Rats!
I've been hoping to get a 35M for a long time!

I think your best option would be the SCW and the Jungle carbine as they can be easily replaced.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Really think you should sell the Swiss 1911 long rifle, cause I am looking for one.
;) Being that as it may, I think the best advice is to sell those you can replace without begging a poster to sell one to them, because they regret selling theirs in the first place. Like I just did. :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Just to help you out I will take all that Russian junk off your hands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts