Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.
I recently picked up a 42' Izvhesk sniper rifle at a gun show for a very good price that has a nice bore and also has a bent bolt body w/ matching numbers- however, I am not sure what scope mount system it uses- it has only two holes that were plugged (you can see clearly on the inside of the receiver wall) which appear to be about 1" to an 1" and 1/4 apart. They are welded over a bit on the outside of the receiver and then you can see some grinding marks where they smoothed it out a bit...What is this? Is it a "PE" type mount? I thought the PE type mount used 3 holes spaced about 1" apart, not two...
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to have this baby restored.

thanks,
James.

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
James---A pic would sure help are the holes like any of these pics.1 PE 2 PU 3 PEM. Sounds like a PU mount to me.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked it directly to the picture, definate PEM... How difficult is it to find PEM scope and mount?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
let me just say good luck. IF YOU DO MANAGE TO FIND A PEM SCOPE IN GOOD ORDER AND THE seller knows what is is expect to pay around 500 bucks. Original mounts are even harder to come by. there have been a few repros on ebay lately for 400 bucks complete with the base and rail.

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Thats a nice find and a rare one to boot. I opted to think it may have been a PU forgot my PEM is a Tula and don't have the pin holes showing like AKBLUE's does. Feldscher may be getting some in shortly but don't be suprised if it cost alot more to re-mount and scope the rifle then you paid for it.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it for only $165, and the bent bolt is stamped w/ the last 3 serial #'s of the rifle. It is counter bored, but the rifleing is excellent, and where the counter bore meets the bore it is very sharp and crisp looking. Maybe I'll get lucky on the scope and mount- who knows. I just chexcked E-bay and their are guys in the Ukraine advertising PEM scopes and mounts; but they actually appear to be PE rigs for Hex receivered Mosins. I dont think those guys know what they are actually selling...

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
Expect 1500.00 plus for an original set. Then you will need a base and that may be another 100.00. Add in the cost of restoration and you easily climb over 2k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts