Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Does anybody know what was the first year Tula started to put "Star" on the bolt components?

The receiver "Star" appeared around 1928 but there were definitely some lockring bayonets stamped with the "Star" prior to that year and I am looking at my authentic appearing RSFSR and CCCP addresses early Tula's - some have small components (nose caps, bolt components) stamped with "Star" (the rest are "Hammer").

Thank you

· Silver Bullet Member
21,040 Posts
The Star first appeared on the barrel logo in 1919-1920, but the receiver tang was still a hammer.

I can't help with the exact date of the Star on the small parts, but I am sure that as the hammer logo parts were used up, or the stamping dies were worn out, they would have been replaced with star-stamped parts over the period of 1920-1928.

I'm sure that if we had a number of complete and original guns from that period, we could nail down the transition more accurately. But original matching guns from that period are few and far between.

· Registered
6,546 Posts
I've got an RSFSR and CCCP Tula myself. My understanding is that the small star on parts was from the first 5-year plan, i.e. 1928-1930. Perhaps there is more current information out there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.