Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would know how to disassemble & reassemble a Greek 1903/14/1927 Mannlicher-Schoenauer bolt?
I don't know how.:eek::eek:
Any tutors on the forum to tell me how it is done?

·
Administrator
12,128 Posts
Your wish is granted!

You can remove trigger guard only after removal of the magazine:

To remove the cocking piece, push safety forward:

Then turn the cocking piece 90° in either direction and it will slide out:

Align bolt head as shown and hold as it is under tension; release pressure carefully:

Hope it's clear. If you need more narrative, let me know.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OUTSTANDING, Nick!:):):):)
Now, I can give it a thorough cleaning!
Thank You!:):):):)

Why not make this a "sticky" for permanent display?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree, but may add a little trick that simplifies both diassembly and assembly on all Mannlicher-Schoenauers :
"to remove firing pin nut annd cocking piece, push safety forward and swing over to the right/safe position, turn firing pin nut a quarter turn to the left and remove. Return safety to the left/fire position and pull off cocking piece and safety to the rear."
Using the safety this way eliminates pressure of the safety spring and friction when turning the firing pin nut.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,931 Posts
Back from the past...
I'm trying to disassemble a Greek contract Y:1903/14 bolt, with no luck. I can't remove the bolt from the action without the safety in the 'Fire' position. Is that correct? I can't move the bolt otherwise. Once I have it out, the safety moves forward, but nothing else seems to move. Can anyone diagnose what i'm doing wrong? Any videos out there with step-by-steps? Nothing I'm trying is working.
Thanks,
Pat

·
Administrator
12,128 Posts
Yes, Pat, no safety in order to remove it. This is not a Mauser bolt. All bolts of this family starting with Gew 88 have a very similar disassembly sequence. Only the Vergueiro requires special attention.

Just follow the steps above, it's easy.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,931 Posts
Thanks Nick!
Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts