Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are about to kick off the regional Federal matches this weekend and have a quick question on rules so we do not disqualify anyone, there seem to be different interpretations based on the recollections of 2015 as to how the rules were applied.

A straight forward reading: once you do a tech inspection on a rifle and it is in a class (A, D, E), that is the rifle you shoot for the remainder of the matches. It seems to imply you cannot change categories between individual matches (say D in one and E the next). Is that true?

However if you are in category E, that is a K31, can you have two rifles both in Category E inspected? Some folks want a back up in case the first does not like the issued ammo, and one could use the Ubungskehr series we paid for to determine that.

Can you change categories for the Meisterschaft? Could you go from an ordnance rifle (E) to a standard rifle (A), as long as the rifle is inspected?

The rules seem to imply you can, as if you shot an ordnance rifle for most of the matches, you cannot shot the Meisterschaft in 3 stellungen unless you use a category A rifle for all the matches. Or does that mean if you want to shoot the Meisterscahft in 3 stellungen you must shoot the standard rifle for all the matches?

Same for the Pistols matches, can you shoot an Ordnance pistol in the 25M matches and then shoot a .22 or rimfire in the Meisterschaft 25M? The same restriction does not apply in pistol, so it is possible to shoot with but one pistol, but 60 rounds though a P210 can be kind of rough with one range time, as our club has scheduled such events.

Thanks to those who know how the rules are properly interpreted this year.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We decided to go with the one rifle for all events, one pistol for all events. Seems to be the most straight forward interpretation, and had we headed to Switzerland each of use was only bringing one rifle and pistol each. No last minute selection of rifles to issued ammo. Seems fair, we already have a slight advantage due to it being a home range, which we know and as it is tree lined, fairly benign to shoot.

Issued pistol ammo was 2004 Thun, issued rifle ammo was 1981, Altdorf and waxed. None of use have seen this lot before, which is why I think they issued it. In theory many think the waxed ammo shoots better. I was expecting 1992 issue ammo, in the 157 to 212 lot numbers.

First weekend was kind of tough. Humid both days, overcast with a bit of rain Sunday. In two days got 10 programs shot out of 18. Was hoping to get the long programs (Meisterschaft) done before it gets real hot, but that was not to be, as I just was not shooting well in rifle, rainstorm on Sunday ended pistol before we got back to rifle. @ 300M only 27 record rounds fired plus 14 sighter/Nachdroppel......only have 102 left plus sighter/Nachdroppel. The next match is at the end of June and that will be hot. On the positive side have 11 days to figure out why it was so difficult to find and stay in the 10 ring @ 300, when earlier prone session in practice @ 91.4 M were looking more promising.

Most of the other shooters were in a similar boat though I note the Veterans, of which we have some club members that graduated to that category, were enjoying their forward rests (where allowed in rifle) while those of us with normal sling supported rifles were struggling with consistency. Also learned one should spend more time practicing with the ISU coat if one is going to shoot it, instead of ones preferred NRA practice coat. I hope to have one nice day in the next three days of shooting so I can pull off a half way decent Leigend Meisterschaft.

Still in all a 9 or above on the 300m A10 is equivalent to a 10 on the NRA 300 yard target. In 27 record record rounds only had 7 outside of that, though 1 shot was a 7 not called. A well regulated K31 with W&F rear and Wyss front is a truly impressive bit of shooting kit.

Oddly enough did better than expected in pistol, as I was signed up for 50 M but locally we only have 25 M range. So I mutated program to shoot those. 25M seems easier than 50 M, especially on the PP10 target. Did better than expected. Fired 8 programs/72 record rounds have only 60 plus 1 Nachdroppel left, total of 62 rounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts