Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.....Remington Rolling Block rifles and/or carbines. Any country, any era. Please contact me or post them here.

Many thanks.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
These are crops from larger .tff format photos that are about 4 1/2 megs each. I think I sent you some before but I don't know if they were used. You mentioned they might've been used in a Swiss magazine.. I don't know as I never saw a copy. If you want the full size photos I'll send them on a CD.

These are all at the Swedish Musketry School 1891, 1895 and 1896. The rolling blocks are m/1867-89 caliber 8x58R Danish. The 1896 has a couple Mauser Oberndorf m/94 carbines as well.

The last one with the fellow.. I think he's the officer.. he's drinking from a glass jug. The troopers have two small dogs with them. This seemed to be common at the Musketry School, to have dogs there. I always imagine these guys are out for a sunday morning shooting session and on the way back are sitting under the tree in the shade and passing around the jug of Ripple wine.

That first photo with the line of soldiers kneeling in a trench. In the full photo its a long line of them. That first fellow is just about bored to death. Good shots of the rifles, though.

Dutchman

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dutchman - wow! Cool photos. I'll e-mail my address to you for the CD.

The photos you sent me last year were of troops with m/94 and m/96 Mausers and they were used in an article I sent to Waffen Digest in Switzerland. It has not been printed yet but I expect it to later this year.

Many thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts