Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry but the second photo is not from the same sword.Any way if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate.
A friend of mine told me that the owner was Fazil Auturhan from 1819 and i would like to know if it is so.
I've try to find in photos a similar sword but so fur I couldn't.
Any help is welcome.
Thank you.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,106 Posts
From the style of the grip I'd say late 19th early 20th century. Nowhere near 1819.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
The hilt is similar, to a British, P1908. German style blade. I'm guessing, WWI vintage. It may have an inscription, from 1819.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
With the comparation of turkish bayonets, i assume there is a german maker on blade, the year is 1325 which is by our calendar 1907. 8234 is on blade probably a serial number.So it was probably used in WW1. best regards,Andy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Antique
I have exactly the same sabre, is an Ottoman regulation other ranks cavalry sabre, Model 1909.
The Ottoman/Arabic incription says it was made by WCK Solingen and the date, usually
Arabic for 1909 or 1910.

I would not ask a Turk to read it because no Turk can read Arabic nowadays! Ataturk introduced Roman alphabet in 1928.

Nice piece, very well designed practical sabre for optimum thrusting and cutting with strength added by the elaborate
spine design.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Definetley a Turkish Cavalry Sword from 1905-1910 period. German manufacture! Nice basket with Turkish Star & Crescent design. Picked one up many years ago (1972) at an Athens Flea Market, Monasteraki. It needed some cleaning. I believe I paid $50 for it!! Turkish full length bayonets were around $20 then!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts