Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up getting this pistol today and i wanted to gather some more info on it. who made it, what its called, what it may be worth, etc.

i need to find a grip screw for it. without knowing what the gun is, i cant find parts.

it does seem to have a waffenampt on the right side.

thanks in advance
John

·
Administrator
12,128 Posts
The name is written on the slide - "Unique".

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know unique is a manufacturer, but wasnt sure if that was the manufacturer's name, or a model.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,931 Posts
That's nice John, good find!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
My "picturebook" for ID refers to the same exact pistol as the ""Kreigsmodell" (War Model), which incorporates changes made by the Germans - an exposed hammer and that humpback grip. My book has the same slide and grip logos and really does not resemble a Model 17 at all. There was a .22 LR copy of the pistol called the "Ranger". DDR

·
Diamond Member
7,473 Posts
John, here's a little more info for you. Your pistol was made at the Manfacture d'Armes des Pyrenees in Hendaye France. The company started making Elbar Ruby-Type pistols in 1923 and sold them under a bunch of different names including Mars, Ebac, Demon, and Unique. Begining in June 26th, 1940 under German occupation they manufacured around 56k of the model 17. They then produced a modified Kriegsmodell until the factory was liberated in 1944. The Germans purchased around 25k of the War Model. Congrats on your cool new pistol. Denny

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
John,
Try posting this on the French forum as you may better responses regarding its history and value. This might sell well at the Lakeland show later this month. As to value. I reckon prices might be around $200 at the Lakeland show, perhaps a but less, but the German markings might attract someone who might pay more. I could be wrong on values but that is what I would expect to see this priced at in Florida.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,550 Posts
One thing is for sure. The Waffenamt code is correct for the pistol. That's if that is a poorly stamped "0" at the end, and not a "C" Looks to be a poorly stamped "0" to me.

WaAD20 - -Manufactures d'Armes des Pyrénées, Hendaye, Frankreich (Unique pistolen)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
For the grip screw Eugene Medlin would be a contact if not a source for this part. He is THE expert on French small arms. You can reach him through NAPCA or The Military Rifle Journal.
Clay

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all for the fast responses. looks like i need to track down mr Eugene Medlin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts