Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got this rifle from my uncle as a gift. It was one of those "here, you fool with guns and I don't want this thing" deals. He works for the local power company and some elderly gentleman gave it to him while he was working on his electrical service. I have several mosins, but none like this. From what I can tell it is a Finnish Civil Guardia gun, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I have some very pitiful pictures, so please forgive me for the quality of them. When I got the gun it looked like it had been dragged behind a truck. My father cleaned it up and put some oil on the stock. The bore is definitely dirty, and I'm not a good judge of condition but it looks like it's seen better days. I have not shot the rifle. The receiver and bolt have matching numbers. The only other number that I can see is on the butt plate and it does not match. There is some pitting toward the end of the barrel and just above the end of the stock. There is also some near the receiver but it is not as prevalent. Please tell me what you can and what it could possibly be worth. I'm probably going to sell it if anybody would want it to fund another project. Thanks so much for your time and hope everyone is having a good night!

Neil Bedwell

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
It is a Finnish 91/24, also known as a "Lotta" rifle. Read www.mosinnagant.net for more information about this rifle. I can't sum up the whole oustanding article in a few sentences.

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Its a Bohler Stahl made m/24 rifle made for the Finnish Civil Guard. See the link for more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts