Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought this as one. But, it is so long it will not adjust short enough even looped. When I put left arm through loop. it has nothing to hold it tight. I am 6ft tall with long arms and still far too long this way.
No adjustable buckle to tighten with. The length is long enough when shortened to the max it seems more like a sub gun sling. Any thoughts at all?? Here are my pics first. Then a link to this board showing some CG-63 and M96 FSR Target slings. Help please! What do I have/do to use it?

Edit: This is as short as possible to adjust the length.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?97044-CG-63-Sling&highlight=cg63+sling

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,051 Posts
Told you they were a bit**. This one took me hours to get right. I think your trouble lies in the part on the back of the rifle and don't all of these have a metal clasp or clip on them? Look at those pics I sent you and use your imagination. Maybe one of the Swedish guys here could chime in.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the rear short piece adjusted as short as it will go. Same on the front. But this one has no quick buckle or sliding lock clamp as is on other pics. Some thing is a bit off here.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yours is just a m96/M38 two-piece sling vs a fancier correct target sling.
price difference is usually around $50 higher for a target model with rubber...
I was afraid of that once I mounted it to the CG-63 rifle.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Target-slin...982?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51be9cb50e
is what you want. I purchased several from libertytree when they had these, however, after buying correct rubber (what they had left had no rubber left) and then paying $20 per sling at the leather store to get it mounted so it looked great - I could have purchased some for around $100 and it would of been almost break even...
There is a dude on gunbroker that has them sometimes for $50-65, however, it has been a hit and miss - basically out of 8 I bought I could put together complete 6, with that said, I still saved some money and got a variety of different hardware/companies now for my CG-63/80s.
Rifle that benefited the most, in my honest opinion from it - actually a CG63-22 that I have (as we have friends and family competing for fun at 25yrds targets and its standing only), rest I hardly shoot off hand/standing as its 95% via bench and sand bags at various distances.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Are you alluding to this sling being military? From what you say here it appears to be the case. Please clarify for us.

Dutch
question NOT without a merit, thats for sure. Just grabbed a bag of 2-piece slings and out of 6 - NOT a single one had any military stampings. So, perhaps, a proper term for these should be 'not fancy' or 'plain two piece' vs. M96/M38...

So, I stand corrected.

P.S. good news, there was a 'fancy' sling :) in that pile that got mis-filed, so bonus on getting these out tonight :), thank you!

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I figured out what I have thanks to some help from Sweden. Here is the exact sling I have now. Absolutely identical. Sling has three crowns and a long line of numbers. Military I do think. It isn't for exactly a sub gun as I thought it may be, but very close!!

This one is for a Swedish BAR Kulsprutegevar m/37. Every thing shown is identical to this sling. Even the holes punched in it. No wonder it does not work on my CG-63 or any of my M96. But, how many of these are even floating around in such good condition today? Guess I will have to try and return it and then start all over again.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Stevan1,

You might consider keeping it. The extended 2nd piece is useful when shooting the longer rifles (rolling blocks) from prone. I also use one on my Trapdoor Springfield which also has the sling swivel way out there! Just my $0.02.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stevan1,

You might consider keeping it. The extended 2nd piece is useful when shooting the longer rifles (rolling blocks) from prone. I also use one on my Trapdoor Springfield which also has the sling swivel way out there! Just my $0.02.
I don't have any of those Eric and won't have anytime in future I think.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You two are trying to be a very bad influence on an old guy. :) If any thing would change, and it won't, I will blame the two of you for me spending my retirement money!!! Put that in your pipe. :p

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,051 Posts
Don't return the sling, what a great excuse to come up with a Kulsprutegevar m/37. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts