Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I’m not sure of anything! I didn’t know that.
This is the most likely.

Side note: The Finn military insignia was a "swastika" for 99 years (before the Nazis adopted it) and they only changed it a couple years ago for their centennial calibrations because they didn't want to have to explain it to the feeble minded.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is a German army soldier with a captured M-38 carbine and what looks like a captured set of Russian bino's judging by the construction of the case. Everything else shown from the gas mask cannister with M-24 hand grenade, mess kit, M-31 splinter camo zeltbahn, canteen, bread bag, ammo pouches and all other equipment appears to be German issue. I think I my even see some hobnails on the boots. Finn's used a different canteen design. Only way I see this guy being a Finnish soldier with this much German gear is if he was in the Finnisches Freiwilligen-Bataillon der Waffen-SS that fought with the 5th SS Division 'Wiking' on the eastern front but then that zelt would be in the SS camo pattern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.