Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1937 Russian 7.62 and I’m looking for help determining model and potential value.... please see pics and provide feedback!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks like someone saw a 1960's surplus Finn-Cub from an old magazine ad and tried to recreate one. This has an unbent bolt handle, the F-C's had a oddly bent swept to the rear bolt. Same front sight, this looks like a cut globe sight, F-C's had I believe a 1903 Springfield type pinned on. Blued bolt. Not a model of any official version, sporterized at some time by someone, truck gun or lender deer rifle only. Value, 50 to 100 bucks reasonable, to knock a deer over if you encounter gun issues at camp, priceless. Sight it in, make sure you know about corrosive ammo cleaning, it's worth something as a spare rifle. Can be black plastic fantasticooled without worry or good to go as is. If you want to sell it, specify it's all ready for modification, unlike those other minty mosin nagants that leave so much wood dust around. No saws or jb weld needed. The non reflective metal finish a plus. Crinkle paint stock would be ok. Not pullin' your leg, any mosin that can hit a plate at 100 yards is still useful. I have a couple like this and they have their place. Far from junk, try shooting it, it's in one piece and looks complete. Sales, try for 100 bucks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
+1 for the above, except on price I'd say closer to $200. Not that I'd pay that, but in the last month or so I've seen at least a dozen irreparable sporter jobs on any kind of milsurp sell for 50%+ of what a shooter grade example would bring. People just are buying whatever they can. I sold 2 440 round cans of 7.62 russian locally last week and the guy who bought them was buying his first rifle, a plain ol' archangel sporterized mosin 91/30 because "it was the best sniper rifle of world war 2, right?". He was busy so I didn't want to take the time to say anything, just bit my tongue and nodded my head.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,755 Posts
How long is the barrel?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet member
1,755 Posts
Well, thy answers that question. The barrel was shortened, and the moved the base ... somehow. Is the muzzle crowned?

It's a butchered 91/30. Worth less than $100, but in today's market...may bring $200 because it's a boom stick.

Reactions: mwilson850

·
Silver Bullet member
1,755 Posts
Interesting. Muzzle must be cut perfectly if it still shoots ok.
I mean, what is the value of a "truck" gun these days. That thing has little to no collector value anymore, but I've seen junk wall-hanger shotguns sell for $200 at auction now...(so much for $50 auction guns any more).

·
Registered
430 Posts
A 'bubba' 1937 Tula M91/30 it would appear. I have not seen the top of the front sight cut off before. Stock cut down. Good for hunting and target shooting but no collectible value. It would likely sell for around $200 due to parts value.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.