Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum but I'm having some problems on identifying what type of side mount this is. It's coming off of a custom built M98 it has no markings what so ever. I have asked several gunsmiths in the area and they can't figure it out if it's made by Griffin & Howe, Jaeger or custom built. I would like to find scope rings if I can. Any information will be greatly appreciated.


Ruler Measuring instrument Wood Tool

Ruler Musical instrument Tool Measuring instrument Indian musical instruments

Ruler Measuring instrument Tool
Ruler Compact cassette Electronics Measuring instrument


Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
Yup, it's a Echo base. Check the photos below. The first photo is a Base for the FN-49 sniper rifle which uses the Echo mount system.

The second photo shows the Echo "mount" with attached rings attached to the base. The mounts with the large knobs (pictured) are the military mounts. The Commercial are identical, however have smaller knobs. The mount was removable and is good at holding zero when replaced.

It's a good and solid mounting system.

Bases and mounts were sold for most commercial actions back in the 50's and 60's

Check Ebay using "Echo scope mount" . We cannot post links to current auctions. So that's all I can say. You will be happy though ;) It will fit directly onto your base.

Camera Cameras & optics Camera lens
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.