Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I put my Garand back together last night, and during function-check, the hammer keeps following the bolt as it heads back into battery. sometimes the hammer rides the bolt the whole way, sometimes it holds for a second and then releases.

i tore it down and checked the hammer, sear, and trigger, but none look excessively worn. i haven't had any stoning or filing done on the aforementioned parts for a lighter pull either. i must have torn down the trigger group a dozen times, and i'm still having the issues with the hammer.

is there anything you guys can think of that might be causing this problem? thanks in advance for any help!

·
Gold Bullet member
7,772 Posts
Is there a possibility that your op rod or bolt is binding up? There could be something preventing the bolt from going all the way back, therefore not pushing the hammer back far enough to adequately engage the sear. Just a thought.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks a bunch norm! i completely forgot about surplusrifle.com! the pictures are a lot clearer than in my garand manual.

turns out i had a major brain-fart and put the hammer spring housing in upside-down (window faces IN!). i'm just glad i function checked it before i put it away. would have sucked to have an out of battery or ripped off a burst at the range! thanks guys.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey don't feel bad i done the same thing. I knew what was worng when I read your post. But you found the problem..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts