Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a recoil spring and a hammer spring from Wolff after shooting my PA-63 and confirming the recoil and double-action pull rumors. I'm guessing that to change the hammer spring I need to take off the grip panels and knock out the pin retaining the plug behind the mag well. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That's about it.
Be careful in that I had to apply some pressure to the plug in order to get the pin out.
As I recall, I used a wood vise to hold pressure against the plug while I removed the pin. This eased the pressure on the pin and allowed an easy way to slowly remove the tension once the pin was out, without having the plug go flying.
Installation was essential a reverse of the procedure.

·
Gold Bullet member
335 Posts
After taking the grips off, watch that you don't loose those small keepers.

I was able to remove the mainspring by hand. It was a little firm, but the new spring should be able to be installed by hand for sure.

·
Registered
345 Posts
FWIW:
You can get a very good "take-down", maintenance book from Ray Rilings Arms Books for a measly $5.00 - step by step w/pictures etc. found it to be very helpful and well worth the $5.00!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's about it.
Be careful in that I had to apply some pressure to the plug in order to get the pin out.
As I recall, I used a wood vise to hold pressure against the plug while I removed the pin. This eased the pressure on the pin and allowed an easy way to slowly remove the tension once the pin was out, without having the plug go flying.
Installation was essential a reverse of the procedure.
Thanks. Got 'em today and swapped out in no time. The DA pull difference is great. I can't wait to see if the recoil is dampened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts