Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
I am also a young collecter. I am 14 and got my first Mosin a couple of weeks ago. I have caught the milsurp bug :)

· Registered
669 Posts
My first (and only :( ) Mosin

My 1940 Izzy, all matching 4-digit serial #, from Classic Arms. The best $70 I have ever spent. I decided to buy one because of the WWII history behind it, and ended up getting one that almost certainly saw action (1940 dated...). The mag. is a line-out, re-stamped. The bayonet doesn't match, and I had to make it fit using the dowel trick. The pics are a little weird (new camera, R.I.P., long story).

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd139/MosinMan91-30/

· Registered
669 Posts
Wow there are more of us young collectors on here than I thought. Im glad im not the only sixteen year old browsing the forums. I am so glad I have started collecting at a young age while things are still relatively affordable.
+1 I am happy too, except in WI, you can-t get a job until you are 14, so I have limited income for milsurps.

· Registered
669 Posts
You seem to be doing quite well with your limited funds, that is a nice MN.
Like your avatar, like it even better when I nail the red "x" to keep it from making my head spin....hahaha, I sound like my old man....so sad. Glad to see you yutes here, hope you stay a while.
Thanks, it shoots well, so I am happy with it :)

· Registered
669 Posts
Wow, it's kind of freaky, these coincidences... I am in the process of trying to sell my guitar too. And the sportscard collection. And I want an Enfield. I am also trying to decide between an M1 or more cheaper milsurps (can get almost 10 mosins for 1 garand!). Young collecters must think alike :)

· Registered
669 Posts
So MosinMan91-30 is that M91/30 you were talking about your only milsurp at this time or do you have others?
Yes, :( actually, no, I have a Yugo 24/47 too. I got it about 4 days ago, cheap. My dad picked it up at a pawn shop near where he works for like $30. The owner thought it was crap. It only needed to be cleaned up (so much cosmo in it, the bolt wouldn't close). It's a beauty now, all matching stamped, even stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.