Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
names Mitch from regional nsw .have been a member for a few weeks and I’ve decided to post a rifle from my modest collection one at a time every few days or weeks.
The first one ive decided to post is my commercially made bsa CLLE or teritorrial pattern, was a bit rough when I first got it but cleaned up pretty well I think. Nearly all the parts are numbered and all matching.
anyway look forward to being a part of the forum
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Text Paper Document Font Paper product
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Air gun
Shotgun
Gun Revolver Material property Shotgun Trigger
Tree Plant Compound bow
Tree Metal
Shotgun Air gun
Shotgun Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice one, not many like that around. Am I correct that they were produced as a Long Lee with a charger bridge, not a conversion? Or do the have conversion stamps on the action? I see in the catalogue that for a small fee your privately owned rifle can be fitted with a windage sight and a charger bridge. Good catalogue, well done. Welcome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Anthony as far as I can tell this was made new as a Clle ,looks to me to be on a smle action which would make sense as I think these commercially available models were available to buy new long after the smle was adopted maybe even into the 1930’s. it seems to have several sets of numbers and all parts are numbered though some only have one number the action and barrel have additional numbers as well something to do with production I would say. The other interesting thing is these never had the tangs for a dust cover on the bolt and they also use a mk 2 or 3 smle magazine and cutoff obviously to do with the charger. I am pretty sure they were designed new for mk7 ammo but I could be wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.