Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, gentlemen!

Believe me, the rocks were just a prop and it was laid vveerryy gently! Knowing the scarcity of these, and figuring that I would probably never see one again in a complete set at a gun show in Maine, I was only too happy to set down $650 and walk away with a collectible. Who knows what it will be worth in ten years - that is, if we have any rights and an economy a decade from now.

It has yet to be fired, and the cosmo was only wiped down from the outside. Still undecided whether to leave it that way or dial it in. There are definitely very few to begin with, and even fewer unfired.

So, for now, it is the mantle piece of the SKS collection. My unfired '54 Izzy just got knocked down a notch!

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
I too keep unfired SKSs, and I figure that with three I can shoot, why? The actual hard mounted scope would tempt the heck out of me just to see what it could do. Hence the Finn ammo. You got a steal on it from what they were going for a few short months ago. What other accessories came along for the ride?

·
Registered
532 Posts
MArtin,

Shoot it! Seriously man!

What good is it if you do not shoot it?

As I've said before, I have two that will only get shot WTSHTF, and they are the American Heritage Vietnam Commemorative, and the Norinco Honor Guard.

All others are Fair game. Even the Holy trinity gets shot at least once a year.

Congrats again on the FF.

D

·
Gold Bullet member
4,821 Posts
VERY nice. In my book, that one would stay unfired but prominently displayed as part of the collection...

·
Registered
70 Posts
It has yet to be fired, and the cosmo was only wiped down from the outside. Still undecided whether to leave it that way or dial it in. There are definitely very few to begin with, and even fewer unfired.
... decisions, decisions!

... well remember - it ain't really "unfired"... just one that's been put away after being "built" by Navy Arms... why don't cha "flip a coin" martin !

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again, Gentlemen!

Still unfired only hours later! (heh,heh) Came up tails, Marco!

It came with the carrying crate, the Navy Arms SKS Shooting and Maintenance Manual, a small tri-fold pamphlet titled Operating Instructions for Riflescope (one in English and another in Chinese), photocopied instructions for packing in the case and a breakdown of the scope mount, a translucent oil bottle and a leather tab strap.

I appreciate the offer for the beer, bootlegger, but you can have mine! If I hadn't had the drinking bug taken away from me six years ago, I would likely be typing from prison, an asylum or the grave!

When the coin comes up heads, Prince, you'll be the first to hear.

·
Silver Bullet member
7,798 Posts
What a Beaut love those cases!!

I have a good range of longarms..I get a kick out of shooting diff designs and my collector sickness says well if youve got a Polish M44 then you need a Chinese, Yugo, Hungarian Etc..Same goes with the AK..Got a Maddi had to get an M70 etc..Enfeilds? Same problem..Why do I have 30 plus Yugo refurbs..Cuz their all a wee bit diff..

But When I score an unfired rifle which I have a few times..I dont even think of shooting it...If I dont have one like it I'll get one before the urge overwhelms me..What would be the point in knocking down the value?..Now dont get me wrong I'd take Hitlers personal K98 and bash it over a grizzly bears head if it was all I had when it was Smokeys meal time.. but just to say I was first or I shoot everything I get..dont see it...

PS ..Martin you cant type from the grave..All you can do is write songs backwards..you know De-compose LOL..Sorry I know that stunk...wahhhh another one ...I'll stop now, my apologies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.