Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
I would rather get the deal on 1943 M-44s through the group buy (oh, yes, I already did!)

The "Dumbhands" here (Bridgeville, PA) has a manager who is a skimmer or allows skimming by employees...might also be a thief based on law. This store only puts out crap.
I "skim" at the gun shop I work at. Getting first crack at used guns and good deals is one of the perks of working there. I recently got a Marlin 30-30 for $135 and will be picking up a Ruger .44 auto carbine this week for about $220. Not to mention the $150 Sistema Colt 1911 and the $600 Bushmaster M4gery (and the $600 Springfield M1A that my buddy Celticmarksman got).

Maybe you should apply at your local Dunham's. Then YOU could skim the choice Mosins. (I suspect you could gain a new respect for the Dunham's employees if you put in a few weeks dealing with customers. Right around Thanksgiving is a good time to try the retail business.)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dang yankee Dunhams, I wish they would put a store in Houston. I checked out the Gander Mountain in Texarkana last week, 200.00 for a 91/30 yep you heard right.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I "skim" at the gun shop I work at. Getting first crack at used guns and good deals is one of the perks of working there. I recently got a Marlin 30-30 for $135 and will be picking up a Ruger .44 auto carbine this week for about $220. Not to mention the $150 Sistema Colt 1911 and the $600 Bushmaster M4gery (and the $600 Springfield M1A that my buddy Celticmarksman got).

Maybe you should apply at your local Dunham's. Then YOU could skim the choice Mosins. (I suspect you could gain a new respect for the Dunham's employees if you put in a few weeks dealing with customers. Right around Thanksgiving is a good time to try the retail business.)
Sky...did the retail thing out of college many years ago and hate the holiday season for this very reason. Not worth my while to go part time to skim low-cost rifles at this time in my life, but glad you can get a deal. Save some for the rest of us retail customers who are not hammer a$$e$! :).

I remember your excitement when you took the gig for this very reason and happy it is paying dividends for you.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Different stores and different people. If you run into a manager like that who performs that way often I would contact the main franchise office by Email or other means of contact and very nicely explain what happened and I'll bet there will be a change of attitude.
I live near Akron OH. and there are three within an hour of me. I usually go to the one that is in the smaller area. Every one of the clerks is really nice and helpful. The lady manager was teaching a new girl the "ropes" of the gun buisness while I was looking at the Mosins the other day.
Maybe the manager in the Pa. store don't like to get a little grease on her hands.
I'll bet she would be a rotten date!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Not that I need another one, but went parusing through the 91/30's in one of the store's I've not been to in awhile. Nothing special, all were the usual refurbs of common dates / markings. 3 out of the approx 10 had decent CCCP faintly marked stocks. Was looking for a 1943 dated Tula stock for a sniper re-commision I'll start work on soon. If anyone has one, I'd entertain purchase or trade....

Thanks,

Cbanker101

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.