Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I would rather get the deal on 1943 M-44s through the group buy (oh, yes, I already did!)

The "Dumbhands" here (Bridgeville, PA) has a manager who is a skimmer or allows skimming by employees...might also be a thief based on law. This store only puts out crap.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
i have got a lot of good ones at bridgeville , not true about the manager. he will help you in every way . they must not like shy. tjm22shot54
Might be a new store manager...haven't been there for a while.

Or maybe the same manager and he doesn't like me. Lotta people don't. My dog likes me, I think my kids do, and the Big Princess expressed a positive, personal comment to me some months ago.
that's about all I need. ;)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I "skim" at the gun shop I work at. Getting first crack at used guns and good deals is one of the perks of working there. I recently got a Marlin 30-30 for $135 and will be picking up a Ruger .44 auto carbine this week for about $220. Not to mention the $150 Sistema Colt 1911 and the $600 Bushmaster M4gery (and the $600 Springfield M1A that my buddy Celticmarksman got).

Maybe you should apply at your local Dunham's. Then YOU could skim the choice Mosins. (I suspect you could gain a new respect for the Dunham's employees if you put in a few weeks dealing with customers. Right around Thanksgiving is a good time to try the retail business.)
Sky...did the retail thing out of college many years ago and hate the holiday season for this very reason. Not worth my while to go part time to skim low-cost rifles at this time in my life, but glad you can get a deal. Save some for the rest of us retail customers who are not hammer a$$e$! :).

I remember your excitement when you took the gig for this very reason and happy it is paying dividends for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.