4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,482 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
the breitbart article mentions "gun control fanatics." I claim that just before the sunset of the ill-fated AWB was the darkest time for gun laws. Since its sunset we have seen continued increases in the acceptance by courts of the RKBA--here, in HI, and recently in CA. I suggest that "gun control fanatics" exist in numbers large enough to pack one section of a McDonald's on a Sunday morning. I think that McDonald's lies in CT. While we still have a ways to go, we're going. Claims to the contrary, I suggest, are exaggerated and off the mark.

CDFingers

·
Silver Bullet member
36,340 Posts
+1 When I looked at NRA membership vs the non-institutional, non-overlapping membership in, and private donations to, all major gun control organizations I found at least a 7 to 1 advantage for the NRA. Probably way more than 7 to 1 as I suspect a lot of those private donors respond to any anti-RKBA begging letter they get. A lot of those gun control organizations were cheating on "membership" by defining it as all of the members in all of the member organizations.

But when you try and track them down you get pretty much nothing. A good example is the "Florida Coalition To Stop Gun Violence". I could find only 3 names associated with it, ever. Today it seems to have no membership, no meetings, and only an 'executive director", Arthur C. Hayhoe of Wesley Chapel. He's described variously as the Founder, President, Director and also Director of the defunct Floridians for Gun Safety, Inc. Everything is run out of his home but he has, on the books, a Tallahassee "corporate" office which appears to be just a commercial service for small companies wishing to have an address and headquarters separate from a residence.

Yet this one person has his organization down as a member of a half dozen national gun control organization and regularly gets in the newspapers as a voice of gun control in the entire state of Florida.

So active public support for gun control is pretty rare. By far the majority of gun control support is from a relatively small group of Liberal urban elitists who run or sit on the boards of a lot of the leftist national organizations, and who are remote from real world experience. Otherwise most active gun controllers look like self-important puffed up frauds with no following.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts