Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is it stamped 1900 if it wasn't made then? I know that Tula arsenal mark wasn't used until way later.

·
Registered
159 Posts
even with such clear as muddy water pictures you can see the date is overs tamped with new zeros. You have refurbished revolver, so anything goes. If your side plate matches the frame that's all you should care with refurbs

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
it's not unusually for the soviets to scrub czarist stamped firearms and to re-stamp them with the soviet arsenal stamp during a refurbishment. although some have escaped this, I have one that was made in 1915 and was refurbish, and they didn't scrub the

Tula
Imperial Peter the Great
Ordnance Factory

in your case, they scrubbed
Imperial
Tula
Ordnance Factory

and stamped the Tula star and re-stamped it with the original year it was made, why? no idea. but you can see a bit of the original year stamp.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not mine, it's a guy's from a Bible Study I am in. It's his carry gun....long story. But I'll see him tomorrow and I'll see if he will let me take a picture of that.

Reactions: russojap
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.