Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Gold Bullet member
馃嚭馃嚫 (y)

Registered
My boys(27 and 24) and my grandson (6) came over Father's day weekend and we went through a few thousand rounds. I got out a couple AKs, a few ARs, some handguns and a .22 rifle. Might have to follow it up tommorow, now that I've been motivated! I do love the retros by the way, might motivate my next build....
Tony

Reactions: mriddick

Premium Member
Since it was the first AR I ever put hands on and learned to shoot with in Army Basic Training, the 20鈥 barrel, A2 stock, carry handle sights, and stock plastic handguard is still my favorite AR setup. No extra doo-dads hanging off it, and absolutely accurate & reliable when the rifleman does his part. The one I was issued was beat all to hell, but it fed and shot like poop through a goose.

Registered
Ok, this makes me want to build a retro M16A1. Carried one in B co. 1/75th and used to love the look and feeling of those triangle handguards. Of course, every time you would IMT with one those same handguards would fly off somewhere on the live fire lane and half the squad would be missing them at the LOA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts